Sunday, November 7, 2010

Feeling? Love and Happiness and....

You know what's a funny feeling?
Getting your zest for life back after you've given into a dark patch in life.
It's this amazing phenomina, when you can literally FEEL the light creeping back into the picture, beam by beam. It's really, really awesome.
It comes in all shapes and forms.
Through a song that hits the right cord in your heart. (Haha, get it? A cord?)
A moment of pure, un-polluted love for someone or something.
The excitement of new friends that you have a desire to get to know.
A nice little crush. (Although this one is maddening and exciting at the same time.)
It's so amazing to literally FEEL the spirit in my life again.
I had let myself get so overwhelmed with everything going on in my life, that I had forgotten how to keep my feet firmly planted on any foundation, let alone the right one! But, oh man, the moment that you allow the spirit back into your life, a whole world of possibilities and hope open up to you.
It's no longer fighting for every step that you get, and seeing no further ahead than today.
It's getting excited for the future and the possibilites that lay ahead.
No matter how big things seem now, fact of the matter is that what doesn't kill you WILL make you stronger.
One day I will be able to look back at these moments as huge growing spurts for me.
Question is, which direction will I grow?
I'll tell you where I'm going to grow. I'm going towards my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ.
He's the only way.
Since the moment that I asked for strength and help, I have FELT the weight that I'd been shouldering literally being lifted. I have had divine help getting through the last little bit. Without the light of Christ I was angry at everyone and everything. I had no desire to strive for anything. I had no real hope for the future and found no REAL joy in living.
Now I'm excited again. I am so madly in love with my life that it's on the verge of an obsession. But you know what? It's an obsession that I welcome.
I have this ONE life to live.
In a lesson today it was said that "This isn't a dress rehersal. This is your life. Get living!"
So SO true.
Another great quote that was shared was, "An unexpected life is a life none the less."
Looking back on my life, and seeing all that has happened and events that have shaped me, I can't help but laugh when I see how NOT according to my plan things have gone.
But don't they say that if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans?
I'm just begining to realize how insanely true that statement is.
I can't tell you what is going to happen in the future, and you know what? I'm finally to a place that I'm ok with that.
I am not about to spend my life sitting around waiting for it to start.
THIS IS IT.
This is MY life.
I have one shot.
This is my re-commitment to living my life.
I think that part of loving the life that I'm living is to love myself.
That's a hard one sometimes, especially these days when we have people all around us telling us what is beautiful and acceptable.
It's really easy to get caught up in where our flaws are, and even easier to not be able to see what is really beautiful about each of us as individuals.
My first step towards MY life?
My life motto:

I am EXTRAORDINARY.
I meant to accomplish PHENOMINAL things in this life.
I am made to LOVE my life unconditionally.
I am UN-DEFINEABLE because I am absolutely UNIQUE.
EVERYTHING happens to make me grow, to expand my horizons and my understanding and to make me capable of greater and deeper love.
I believe in OPPORTUNITIES at every crossroad.
I believe in following your HEART and not popular opinion.
I will not merely survive this life, I will LOVE this life.
Every year, every day, every minute, every second is mine to ENJOY.

Isn't it great? Anything can happen...
I LOVE MY LIFE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment