Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts...

You know what the best part of being alive is?
That you get to feel.
The best moments in my day are when something touches my heart and I feel real love for something or someone.
Like cows.

I was never very interested in cows, until I saw a herd at the begining of the summer who had just had little calves and I watched them grow every single day as I drove by that field. They were the sweetest little things.
I now love cows.
I guess that's not really shocking when you think about the fact that I love all animals.
They are just so sweet!
I truly cannot understand how anyone can be mean to another creature.
These innocent little critters don't do anything to harm us, and yet some people feel the need to torment them. All I can wonder is how terrible their little worlds are that they feel the need to inflict pain.

As I say that though, I realize that I'm not always super nice to the PEOPLE around me. I have the whole "loving animals" thing down. But shouldn't loving other people be something that I'm striving for? Probably.

I'm not going to lie. When I look at my life these days, I feel like I'm missing out.
Don't get me wrong. I have a good life.
But it's not the life that I want to be living! I want to be living for a purpose, not just living to survive. No no no.

This won't do. What am I going to do about it?
I'm re-vamping my bucket list.
I made a list when I was 15 years old...I don't know about you guys, but most of the things that I thought when I was 15 are moot points these days, as were some of the items on my list.
I've been thinking about the things that I want to do before I die and there's SO much to choose from!!
But I don't want this to just be a list that I have, but don't really ever do anything on it.
These things are going to happen!!
I will post the list when I finish it.

I want to just let you all know what's making me feel happy these days.
Dr. Pepper.
Semi Trucks.
My dogs.
Art Projects.
Singing Really Really Loud.
Jogging.
Flirting. This one almost always makes me happy ;)
Dressing to Impress.
Old Friends.
Disneyland.
Chocolate.
Blankets.
Longboarding.
Movies. It's semi shocking that this one is on the list...
There are more I'm sure....but these are the biggies lately.


I think that's probably it for now...haha

Love,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment