Saturday, October 2, 2010

Shake It Up...

There are times in life when you feel like you've gone stale.
It's in those times that I like to listen to Michael Franti's Shake It song.
That and I try to find soemthing new to do, or to learn, or to make.

What have I done lately?
Well, I finished a book called the Greatest Knight. It was a super good book and it helped me learn more about a period in medieval history that I didn't know very much about at all. The main character was loyal and true to himself and his word, both attributes that I would like to cultivate more. Did it make me think? Check.

I went longboarding in Provo canyon with some friends and may or may not have eaten it. I don't know. I guess this was a lesson for me in humility. I was getting far too confident in my excellent longboarding skills and ended up being my own downfall I'm afraid! Did it make me feel something? Yes, pain. Check.



I attended the Saturday morning session of general conference, and although I haven't really been feeling much of anything along the "spiritual" path lately, I did enjoy being there. I felt peace, which is a feeling that I don't get much of these days. That and Elder Uchtdorf gave an amazing talk about simplicity. I love that man. Did it inspire me? Check.

I also picked up a copy of David Wolfe's book "Eating for Beauty" and I am going to read it, and then rededicate myself (for like the 3rd time) to eating better foods that will allow me to think better and feel better. Did it get me thinking about a rut in my life? Check.

None of these things were super huge, but at least they're something, right? Even if it is just reminding me that I'm alive and there are still things to be thankful for in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment