Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day Twelve...

Favorite books.
There are far too many to count! Walden by Henry David Thoreau is definitely at the top of the list, along with The Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu, Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and anything by the Dalai Lama. I love Gabrielle Bernstein and her take on modern day spirituality, her book Add More -ing To Your Life is one of my favorites and her new book Spirit Junkie comes out on Tuesday (yes, I will be buying that very day). I love historical fiction, The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George, The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick and the follow up book The Scarlet Lion were both great, as were The Heretic Queen, Nefertiti: A Novel and Cleopatra's Daughter all by Michelle Moran, I love them all.

1 comment:

  1. dear jamie,
    as a modern child living among modern ideals, chasing after modern pursuits relevant to the era in which i live, my time is taxed so nearly to the limits, and i just can't seem to fit reading into my schedule! how do you find the time to indulge in literature?
    sincerely yours forever, zachary
    ps, loving the blog; use it to wake my self up in the morning! to quote the rapper from that justin bieber song "baby"- i don't need no starbucks. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete