Saturday, January 29, 2011

Soundtrack For My Life...

Alright, I have to admit, I was inspired to write this blog after the seed of this idea had been planted on a recent road trip. The question is, if there was a soundtrack to my life, what would it consist of? Well, I thought about it long and hard and the following songs are what I came up with, you should probably listen and enjoy :)

1. The Sound of Sunshine-Michael Franti
I put this one first on purpose, it's the only one that has an actual order on my list. I did this because if I had to wake up to one song for the rest of my life, this would be the one. I love it. It is the most perfectly encompassing song for my life as a whole.

2. Stand-Rascal Flatts
This song describes the hard times in life that everyone has, but it's the way that I try to face those times. Plus these guys are the band that I've seen live the most.

3. Forever Young-Bob Dylan
If I was going to have an opening credits song for my life, this would be it. I want to stay forever young.

4. The Boys Of Summer (the remix)-The Ataris
This song reminds me of summer and growing up, and there is no more perfect song for the most sacred season of the year.

5. Blood on Blood-Bon Jovi
This song is how I feel about my super close girlfriends, I would do anything for those girls!

6. 19 and Crazy-Bomshel
This is the song that really inspired me to start living my life on the edge and not be so conservative. Every time I listen to it, it makes me want to get out and live!

7. Lessons Learned-Carrie Underwood
If you listen to the lyrics on this one, you'll understand why it's on my list. It's how the things in our lives should be taken.

8. Life Is Beautiful-Vega4
This song is beautiful lyrics and music wise. I just love it.

9. I'm Still Good-Hannah Montana
I had to include one of her songs, I just had to, and this one was the most applicable to my life.

10. About Life-Julianne Hough
I listen to this song and just have to smile to myself when I see how eerily similar it is to my life!

11. Wild At Heart-Gloriana
This is how I always want to stay, wild at heart. Even when I'm old and grey.

12. Faster Than My Angels Can Fly-Eric Church
This is a super new addition, but it's how I feel my life is when I think about any guardian angels that I may have :)

13. I Survived You-Clay Aiken
Ok, this doesn't mean that I'm a "claymate" or anything, but this song is for the feeling that you get after your heart has been literally broken, and that has happened to me on several occasions, as much as I hate to admit it.

14. American Soldier-Toby Keith
This is on the list because I have a special place in my heart for military personal...I really do love our soldiers!
15. Fall For Anything-The Script
This song made the cut because it almost perfectly fits a rather relevant time period in my life. Enough said.

16. Gypsy-Shakira
This song is how I want to always live my life!!! I don't ever want to be tied down! I love it!

....and last but surely not least....

17. Chances-Five For Fighting
I just love this song so much, and it always reminds me of a fun trip to Zions and the choices that followed and makes me want to get out and explore the world and broaden the horizons of my life!!

I have changed my play list to include all of these songs, so you should probably listen to them all and think of me as you do :)

*AROHA*

No comments:

Post a Comment