Monday, January 31, 2011

And So It Begins...

Well, this is it. I am through with Zions and tonight I'm leaving to start my road tripping adventure! How does this make me feel? Let me tell you. First of all, this is the first time since I was 16 that I haven't had a steady source of income. I have come to the conclusion that this is a double edged sword. The feeling of not having a job and not working for anyone is LIBERATING! It's truly the most amazing feeling in the world! Then there's the fact that I don't have any money coming in. This semi stresses me out a little bit because whether I like it or not, in this world that we live in, money is sort of a requirement. But it's fine. A month or two of training and then I'll be getting even more money than I have made at my other jobs. It will be fine.

Next, I get to get out there and see the country!! Just think about this for a minute. When everyone back here in Utah wakes up in the morning, I'll be in Barstow, California. Then the next morning when you wake up, I'll be in Sacramento. Then the next morning when you wake up WHO KNOWS where I'll be?? How ridiculously cool is that? I know, I know, it's pretty ridiculous. Not to mention almost completely perfect for me because, let's be honest, I am not known for my love of the known/stable.

Another great part of this whole gig? It's warm where I'm going. It's sunny where I'm going. There's not much, if any snow, where I'm going. Yeah, it's THAT great. I'm taking my longboard with me and a soccer ball and I get to chill with the windows down and the sun warming me up instead of a heater while sketching the abundant supply of palm trees.

To sum all of this up in one sentence....

I am so insanely in love with my life right now that it's almost not fair.
But someone has to do it, so I'll take one for the team I guess :)

Aroha everyone, lots of love.

1 comment:

  1. You wrote this a while ago, but, hey.
    I am just so excited for you!!!!! At this time in life when I feel reminisces of senior year, wherein I felt compelled to slack off and just go play, I am just thrilled at your taking off to do what you've always wanted!!! Way to follow your dreams. I love it!

    ReplyDelete