Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Unconventional Year 2011...

As I've been thinking of New Years resolutions lately I was making lists in my mind of things that I could improve on/experience/give up. Then I started recalling previous resolutions and I saw a trend, my resolutions last all of 4 days and then that's it, they're done and I give up. Well, I've decided that this is NOT how it is going to go this time. So, I'm taking a new approach, one I've never tried before...I'm just taking on a theme word for 2011 and the word I've chosen?
UNCONVENTIONAL
That's right, I'm going to make this entire year a celebration of the unique, untried, untested and unexplored. How am I making this happen? Well, I'm quitting my job in January and doing something that I've always wanted to do but found a million reasons not to. I'm getting my CDL. Yep, I'm hitting the road. I don't even know how to really explain how excited I am. So you're going to have to take my word for it. I'm SUPER excited!
I've also decided that this year I am not going to buy any clothes BUT I'm putting a stipulation on that statement, if in the course of 365 days I find that I actually am in need (not want, but actual need) then I have to purchase clothing that gives back. I think that's a fair compromise. I better get to the store, because I'm down to 8 days to shop.
Part of this year is going to be about finding me again. The real me. The one deep inside that I sometimes lose track of in all of the craziness of this world. Meditation is the way that I find leads to the connection with the inner me. I also want to find other ways to get in touch with myself. There's so many possibilities!
I'm also going to strive to keep using my voice. I like this one a lot, because I've been practicing lately. Take last week for example, I heard about the deer shootings in Bountiful (something that I didn't really like at all) so some friends and I staged a "guerrilla protest." We went under the cover of darkness and posted over 100 fliers in Bountiful. It was pretty epic.
Next up? An undercover operation to find out about factory farming...more to come on that one...
To say that I'm stoked for this year would probably be an understatement, I literally cannot wait!
Bring on 2011, the year of the Unconventional Pixie Stix
Aroha XOXO

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it, also let's not forget about the amazing people who helped come up with titles :).

    ReplyDelete