Sunday, December 5, 2010

Life Is Beautiful...

My favorite quote ever is flashing on the right hand side of the screen, it says
"Life is not about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself."
I can't even put into words how much that line just gets me, it quite literally touches my heart!
Life sometimes deals us really crappy hands, and you can search and search and search for the silver lining or you can get out there and FIND YOUR OWN lining!!
When I think of people that inspire me, the people who come to my mind very first are people who have firmly grasped their lives and are literally living every single moment of it.
My question is, how did they get so good at living their life??
It is so hard sometimes to see past the present moment and strive for something more than the crummy thing right there in front of you. There are so many promises of greater things waiting if you're just patient and persevere. That's really great to think about and dream about, but if you're anything like me, you don't like thinking about a life after this, or eternity. It's too much and I think it detracts from living in the moment....but that's just me.
I am a big believer in catering this life to you individually. We're all different, therefore, it makes sense that we all live our lives differently, and that we all get something different out of the same or similar circumstances. Even in the exact same situation, every single person involved will think/feel/learn something different. So why do we try so hard to conform to what everyone else is doing? Why do we try to live our life the same way as everyone around us is doing?
I believe in creating my own bliss, my own happiness, my own reason for getting back up and moving on.
I believe that the only way to be really, truly happy is to listen to yourself and what YOU really want out of this life. And once you've done that, work like hell to make it happen!
But, what if you're like I am at this moment in my life and you don't really know what you want or where you want to go? I know, I'm stumped just like you are.
I think I'm starting to get it. I'm trying new things every single chance that I get. I'm taking deep breaths and not letting the little things get to me. I'm getting rid of the people that cause stress in my life. I'm de-cluttering my life, I read a quote once that said "Don't keep anything in your home that isn't useful or that you don't find beautiful." I really have taken that to heart. I am being creative with art. I am reading the news every day, but spending more time on the things that interest me. I'm taking classes. I'm accepting offers to do things more and spending less time sitting around. It's called living. It's actually really, really cool.
I'm CREATING my own happiness and a life that is a perfect fit for ME.

Life truly is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment