Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 1: Calm Energy

So, this New Years, my resolution is to get my energy back under control. That doesn't mean that I'm trying to calm down. I'm talking about my whole energy. My aura if you will. Because when I started thinking about the last year, I can't help but admit that the mood I have carried with me for the majority of the year has been chaotic. (I apologize to all those poor people that I was closely associated with, that shit really rubs off on others.) I don't want to be that girl. I want to be the other girl, you know, the one who is always super happy and just radiates sunshine out of her ass.

So I've come up with a game plan. For the next year (or as long as resolutions usually last...) I'm going to focus on cultivating different energy in myself. I'm going to change it up every week as well, because no one wants to have the same energy all of the time.

The first energy that I'm working on? Calm energy. I'm not going to lie, I picked this one first for Ollie as much as myself. That dog just soaks up however I'm feeling. If I'm agitated, he's agitated. If I'm relaxed he is too (unless there's a tennis ball around, then not so much). I end up getting frustrated with him and he reads that and becomes upset as well and then we are just a right old mess.

Well, that's the case no more! From now on (or the next week at the very least) we are going to be the epitome of peace and serenity. 

Namaste Olympus.

We truly are twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment