Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Past Life...

So, I'm pretty much convinced that I was a Native American in a past life. I mean, let's look at the facts here:
-I'm in my element in nature, seriously, there's nowhere else I'd rather be than on some mountain camping or at some lake fishing (but not catching fish of course, the universe knows that I couldn't handle that).
-I really want to just save the whole planet. Not the people on the planet, just literally Earth, I feel a connection to her that's weird for an American in the 21st century, like Pocahontas feels when she's singing Colors Of The Wind or talking to grandmother Willow.
-Speaking of Pocahontas, when I'm chasing my dogs through the forest because they saw a bunny, I definitely feel like I am her, leaping over boulders and ducking under branches and such...

...thinking about it now, maybe I WAS Pocahontas! Clearly that must be it.

Seriously though, the more that I think about the concept of having lived previous lives, the more it just makes sense in my head. I don't prescribe to organized religion and I haven't ever had any real beliefs about a life before or after this one, but the idea that my soul keeps doing this in different ways over and over is oddly comforting to me. (Next bullet point list, go!)
-I am very selective and in turn passionate about "my people," I truly believe that this isn't our first rodeo together. There's just no logical reason that some of those people and I should be together, and feel that connection, in this life which leads me to believe that we've done some epic shit together in the past.
-There are just some people that I don't feel like I'm meant to be with in this life, but there's a weird familiarity to them that I attribute to great love at some other point in our existences. I've never believed in all of that "the one" nonsense. This does not mean that I don't love my significant other with my whole heart, really, I adore the guy. It just means that in this life, at this time we're meant to continue our saga (I can tell you right now that we have absolutely got more of a past than we can't remember specifically, I would bet on it).
-Those little things that I'm weird about, or that I love or feel a draw to, that haven't been a big part of my life are things that I think I've been around in another life. Like pirates for example, I love them. (I was either around pirates at some point in a past life, or my love for Jack Sparrow is just insanely out of control...) No but seriously, like Spirit Animals, ancient Egypt (I was probably Cleopatra...), and native religions (shamans and herbal medicine and such). Then there are other things that I feel no connection to (like Asian countries, as hard as I try, I really just don't have a passion to travel there), that I just put down to the fact that I haven't had any interactions with those things in the past-that's not to say that I won't in the future, just not now.

All of this came up again recently in my life after a good friend of mine wrote a paper about a past life, and it made me consider the fact that I might not be the only person in the world who believes this stuff. 
Then I re-watched Cloud Atlas (one of my favorite movies) and the deal was sealed. I need to look into these ideas more....

I don't think "soul mate" is a term just for the person
that you commit to, I have lots of "soul mates."

No comments:

Post a Comment