Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Rituals...

There's one day a week where I don't have to worry about work ever. Sunday. One day where I don't have to plan a social life. Sunday. Sundays are so great. I have developed some habits for Sundays that I look forward to the entire rest of the week. What are they?

Cleaning

Sunday mornings are my most productive time for cleaning, hands down. There's no better time to do it! Today I cleaned out the refrigerator in my house. I threw out 3 garbage bags FULL of old, expired food items. True story. Then I scrubbed it down and replaced everything. It looks amazing. Better yet? It makes me feel amazing every time I open the fridge door!

Relaxing

This one may seem like a given, but I used to fill my Sundays with so much stuff that it was just another day filled with a different kind of busy. I have recently discovered the art of enjoying relaxing. Today I spent 3 hours at the hospital with my grandma eating a bagel and strawberries, watching Mrs. Doubtfire and reading Instyle. It was so great.

Jogging

Sunday's are the one day of the week that I don't have the option of going to the gym (which I love with my whole heart). But I don't really love the idea of a day of rest from exercise, so I use these days as a day to reconnect with Mother Nature....or at least with the pavement. Nitro and Daisy love Sunday's too because I generally take them with me when I run.

Produce Shopping

I saved the best for last. I am truly addicted to buying produce. I live for it. I love the anticipation of going to the store. I love perusing the selection and deciding what I'm going to buy. I love how my shopping cart looks filled with completely healthy food. I love unloading and washing my loot. I love cutting it all up. I love snacking as I prep it. I love everything about it. I truly can't even put into words my feelings for this weekly ritual. I try and get one new thing every time I'm there. Today I got a red pepper. Did you know that they have more Vitamin C than an orange? True story.

To sum it all up, I love Sundays.
A lot.

Aroha

No comments:

Post a Comment