Monday, February 14, 2011

When In Arizona, Be Like A Cactus...

First things first, guess who totally passed her written tests today and is now the proud owner of her very own CDL learners permit? That's right, it was me :) Now, on to updates...

This last trip that I went on was to Phoenix, Arizona and Kyle came along with us! It was one giant party, so fun! On the way down our air brakes sprung a leak and we spent 3 hours in Kanab fixing them, on the way home our trailer lights were out, so we spent 3 hours in Flagstaff fixing them. That made for lots of quality bonding time. Don't worry though, when we were trying to figure out how to bide our time, we decided to get in touch with our inner cactus' and if I do say so myself, we nailed the imitations!

The overriding themes for this trip? My love of animals was increased, beginning with meeting Ziggy the zebra on the way down there. I had never petted a real life zebra before, and now I'm in love! He was DARLING! I also saw bison (which you can apparently own Zach, I know how much you love them...) and emus and little mini horses. Yes, it was a good trip for spotting creatures to adore.

I also have come to realize that I have a soft spot in my heart for 70's music. Now, I have known for a while that I was supposed to be alive in that decade, but the music had never really struck me, until this trip. I'm feeling pretty groovy these days.

Last but not least, I am appreciating more and more how vast this world that we live on is, and that's after only visiting the western states! It's so funny to me that we can live so comfortably in our little bubbles that consist of a 50 mile radius. We get so used to the things that are available to us and surrounding us that as soon as we get out of that bubble, we're uncomfortable. Even if it's just a change of scenery, we can be thrown totally off. My goal is to become comfortable with the unfamiliar. So far so good, nothing has shaken me too badly :)

I'm off to Phoenix again tomorrow morning, the only difference? This time I'll be sitting behind the wheel for a bit of the trip! Look out highways, here I come!!

PS somethings I DO miss about home, like my dogs. I miss them more than probably anything else. When I come home, they come with me everywhere. This is how I woke up this morning. This is happiness on one queen sized bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment