Sunday, September 26, 2010

Getting Back to Basics...

I honestly believe that there are times in life when you need to strip away all of the extra "stuff" and get back to the very basics. We live in such a high tech world that it's easy to get caught up in the fast and easy lifestyle, you know the one...where everything is just handed to you in a paper bag to make it easier to take with you as you're running to your next appointment while texting your appointment after that one to make sure that you're still on?

Yeah, it's exhausting.

Then you reach the point where you can't feel much of anything because you're so fried from everything going on all over the place. You can't even remember the last time that you had a face to face conversation with over half of your facebook friends. The last time you saw the number of texts in your inbox that was smaller than your age was......well, never. When you had a home cooked meal with your family while all sitting around the table, you couldn't shake the feeling that it was all a ploy to deliver the bad news. We've all been there. (The fact that I'm writing all of this on my blog, on my computer, with music playing in the backgroud is irrelevant.)

It stops today for me. I'm stripping it all away to get back to the pure, simple basics.

Here is the commitment. I have posted it on the world wide web for anyone and everyone to see...there's proof now.

I'm focusing on LOVE.
I'm focusing on PEACE.
I'm focusing on HEALTH.
I'm finding my CENTER.
I'm doing things that make me HAPPY.
I'm standing up for what I BELIEVE.

It's honestly that simple.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Great!!! I think I might do something similar this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a heart the size of the Atlantic, I have full hopes that you are already on the simplistic path of getting back to basics!

    ReplyDelete