Sunday, September 26, 2010

...AROHA...

Aroha.
My favorite word ever.
It means "unconditional love" or "one love" in Maori.
How powerful is that?

"Aroha inspires us to go the extra mile. Aroha means love. When we explore its roots Aroha yields a powerful message about love that is not widely understood.
ARO is thought, life principle...
RO is innner, within...
HA is life force, energy, breath...
OHA is generosity, prosperity...
AROHA may be described as the binding force of the universe."
-Ruth Makuini-

Oh man, I can't even describe how in love with this idea and this word that I am!
And then, to top off a great night of studying Aroha, I found this excellent poem;

"When I call all my senses home
into my central core
then I know a deep peace
just simply being.
Here is unconditional love and compassion
heart deepening and expanding
to accept whatever I am
or have been, or will become.
No tugs of war between anything,
and all of me
simply here."
-Anne Macleah-

Oh man, this poem is powerful! I love it so much that I just HAD to share it with everyone!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment