Sunday, November 6, 2011

IT'S THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

Guys, I haven't blogged in a while, sorry about that, but on to bigger things...

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!

Yeah, I'm totally one of those people who starts the holiday season at the beginning of November. I don't forget about Thanksgiving, believe me it's one of my favorite holidays; I just love the big 4 (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years) so much that I roll them all into one all encompassing party time!! Two whole months of happiness and joy. That's how I roll.

To celebrate today, we started a simmer pot that was composed of cinnamon sticks, orange peels, clove and maple. It turns out that maple isn't my favorite combo in this situation, but of course, it turned out wonderfully anyways! I bought some apple and cinnamon candles and lit them all over. (It was at this point that Kyle informed me that I had too many good smells going on all at once. Ugh. Holiday buzz kill.) We bought the Michael Buble Christmas CD that just came out, best money I've spent all year. Janae and I currently have a holiday-colored-homemade funfetti cake in the oven which we created to Michael's beautiful voice. On the down side, we attempted to make apple chips covered in cinnamon last night...they didn't so much turn out. (Props to Zach W. here for eating not one but two of them...what a good guy.) 

It's been a fantastic kick off to the holidays!!! Not to mention that our house smells like like candies all of the time thanks to my mothers yummy chocolates!! (This weeks treat straight from Ascot Royale's kitchen were caramel and chocolate dipped apples. Soo delicious!) So from here on out it's all holiday spirit all of the time from me. Prepare yourself world!!!

Aroha

No comments:

Post a Comment