Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This Is A Familiar Feeling....

St. George Utah.
One of my favorite places on planet Earth.
I absolutely adore the place. The people are friendly and generally outdoor minded which I love, the location is fantastic for weather and recreation activities, it's just the perfect place for happiness.
When I moved there this time last year, nothing at all went according to plan so I ended up moving home a few months later. I was happy to be back in Bountiful at the time, it's where I needed to be, however my heart broke when I had to leave sunny St. George. I hadn't really been back for a visit since I left...until last weekend. Morgan and I decided to take a weekend road trip down there with my sister Janae and her friends Val and Jessica.
To put it simply, it was AMAZING! I had forgotten just how in love I am with it down there.
Coming home was possibly the biggest let down of my life. Coming home from any vacation is a bummer, but while I was down there hiking Zions and catching up with friends that I made last summer among other things, the feelings of anticipation and excitement and adventure set back in. I want to move back!
Now, having grown and matured since I last went there I realize that a move like that would take 2 things...a solid job option there and a solid place to live. Basically it will take more planning than last time. At least, that's what I'm telling myself since I just locked myself into a stint at the bank (yes, I did commit to something, and yes, sometimes I do have almost literal panic attacks about it...).
The thing that kills me is that I can feel a shift inside of me. I think it's the adventure seeking part of me emerging. True, I did just spend 2 months on the road, but I was home a lot and I was with my Dad the whole time, that didn't leave too much time for raw adventure/exploring. So now I have to find a way to keep that feeling alive (because it's my favorite feeling/emotion to have going on inside of me)...but I really don't know how. This is all that I've been thinking about since I got home. Working and going to school may actually kill me unless I keep the adventure alive. I am happier when I have that feeling in my life and when I'm out of my element, the mundane sometimes kills my soul.
So what was a step in making me feel great? I bought a plant. Yes, another plant. But it makes my heart happy. It's like I'm keeping a little St. George happiness alive in a small corner of me :)

AROHA
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You are so mature and this 6 months will be just great for you and St. George was truly Amazing..AND another plant..humm big surprise :) also my cactus is dead...i suck at keeping plants alive...how do you kill a cactus???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I miss my sense of adventure too... something about living back home kills your sense of adventure. Maybe I should get a plant too?, but if i don't do something spontaneous soon I just might loose it!

    ReplyDelete