Sunday, August 22, 2010

Those Good Old Forks in the Road...


Suggested song of the post: Hannah Montana (yes, I'm serious) I'm Still Good :)


My game plan essentially ended with moving back up home to Bountiful which leaves me with....nothing. Awesome. I love it when this happens...

Really though, I'm taking this as an opportunity to do something new and fun! I have a good job, so at least I'm not super worried about that aspect of things, however, I don't know if this shows to people but I'm not a super professional person by nature :) and banks seem to be fairly professional places. Weird, right? So, I'm kind of keeping my eyes open for a job that I can maybe have for just a couple days a week that I really enjoy...I'm kind of hoping for J&L Garden Center? Except, I would probably end up spending all of my money long before I got it there. Heaven knows I can't resist a nice looking plant!


Yoga is something that I'm finding solice in these days as well, at times like this I know I need a nice connecting, grounding activity for myself. Yoga seems to fit that bill. The whole mind-body-spirt thing really seems to have something behind it for me....

on that same note meditation is the new love of my life. If I could have an affair with it, I totally would. When people say that it's amazing, they're not joking. The first little while is a little rough, you know, trying to stop thinking and all? We're so programed these days to just constantly be going that it's kind of disconcerning to try NOT doing anything. But then you have a moment where it just all clicks and you swear that you'll never go another day of your life without it.




As far as men go? I have been spotted around Bountiful kissing Spaniards (scandalous? possibly) the only other news is that I'm officially off of the market. That's right. I have met the man of my dreams. It happened one starry night in downtown Salt Lake City. I was longboarding one way down the street, and he was riding his bike the opposite direction up the street. Our eyes met. He stopped to pick a flower. I knew it was love. He is beautiful. The dreadlocks were what sealed the deal. The fact that I don't even know his name? No problem, just like in the movies, the details will work themselves out.



I have also vowed to not watch Gossip Girl this next season and to not buy season 3 when it's released. Shocking? Absolutely. But (as odd as this sounds) I am beginning to believe that there may be more to life than being catty and bitchy. I'm going to go ahead and blame this one on the meditation. What am I going to fill that massive gaping abyss with? Oh you know, reading insightful books (my current page turner is ....something about "My Forest" haha you wouldn't think it by me not being able to remember the name, but it's really good so far!!) and becoming a pro longboarder. It dawned on me this summer when I was bragging about my mad skills and then actually got onto a board again that A) it had been a while since I'd been on there and B) let's be honest, I never really got super good at it to begin with. That's about to change. GG was such a large part of my life that I'm going to have lots of time to practice :)












1 comment:

  1. First i love that you have a song for the post..such a great idea, 2nd you already spend all your money at J&L so you might as well just get a job there.you have my full support, and 3rd Longboarding pro is a great idea! So Pretty much you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete