Saturday, August 28, 2010

Goodbye Lazy Days of Summer...Hello Colorful World of Fall!




Well, I guess with everyone having gone back to school, it's pretty much official...summer, the most sacred of all seasons, is over. It's alright to shed some tears, it's a trying moment for us all. No more laying out to get a tan, or stargazing on a blanket at night. As I look back on my summer though, I realize just how great it truly was! Being able to spend a large chunk of my summer living in St. George was a dream come true! Between hiking at the Grand Canyon, experiencing Vegas night life for the 4th of July, bonfires in the desert, hiking angels landing, climbing on the red rock, the road trips back and forth between home and there, Morgan and Zach visiting...truly awesome.



Then there were the great times back home up north as well, running out of gas on the way to Evanston, Wyoming, hiking up to caves up Farmington Canyon, hiking to Diamond Fork hot springs at midnight, taking walks barefoot after firesides, longboarding, skinny dipping, roasting marshmallows on my patio, fireworks for the 24th, kissing Spaniards at Summerfest, going to open mic night on Saturdays, going to Wendover, Antelope Island trips, Manti Pageant trips, buying more and more plants...the list goes on and on!


It truly was a summer for the record books, and as sad as I am to see it go, I have to admit, there's a little part of me that's excited for fall and the beautiful changing colors that come along with it. Plus, Halloween's always a good time and Thanksgivng through January 7th is probably my second favorite time of the year (straight after summer of course). And imagine, all of this stuff happend in a matter of months...I wonder what the next few months have in store? All I know is I can't wait to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment