Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In the beginning...















Ok, so this may or may not be my second attempt at a blog, but this time I'm determined to make it work, and I have my friend Jillian Rose to thank for this renewed interest in blogging. I am a terrible friend and only just read her blog, and it's amazing!! I want to be just like her when I grow up! ...and blogging seemed like a good first step on that road...





I guess I'll start out by recapping my summer. I spent the summer in St. George! It started out as kind of a long shot and ended as a real long shot as well, but it was a good experiece for me overall, it just wasn't a super great fit for me right now. But that's fine, you live and learn, right? I transferred down with Zions Bank and I was a peak time teller in the southern Utah region. My favorite branches? Springdale (because I went into Zions National Park after work on those days) and River Road (the people there were my absolute favorites).





There were some Vegas trips (for the 4th of July and when my family came down), I got to experience the Grand Canyon (something that I have wanted to see for a long time), there was climbing all over red rocks, and of course new friends that were made, and lame boys that were encountered...oh the good times :) really though, St. George isn't something that I will forget in the near future!





Now it's back home to Bountiful, just in time for my friends to all be leaving for college :( perfect planning on my part I believe. What are my plans you ask? Oh I don't know. But, is that really all that shocking for me? Not so much. I figure that I'll give myself a week to sort out what's going on and then I'll start trying to make a game plan. For now I'm just happy finding some sweet tunes to inspire me...as I type I'm enjoying some Michael Franti (I swear I would marry that man, dreadlocks and going barefoot? He's perfect.) The Sound of Sunshine, Tarrus Riley's Love's Contagious and Jah Cure's Call on Me, all excellnt songs that I would recommend to anyone!





No matter what I end up deciding to do though, I WILL keep blogging! I'm determined now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment