Friday, March 25, 2011

Things On My Mind...

First things first...Life.
Oh man, it's just so short. So bitter sweet. So unfair. So beautiful. It encompasses ever single feeling and emotion, it defies every single description that you try to label it with, it never ever does what you think it's going to. You just never know when it's going to be over. You never know when the last time that you're going to see a truly great friend is. You just can never ever take the people that you love for granted. Never. When someone you love does leave you, all you can do is take the lessons that they taught you and try to keep their legacy alive by applying everything that you admired about them in your own life. I guess it's very, very true that only the good die young.
Rest In Peace Taylor. Your memory and your spirit will live on.

Summer.
I know that I've said this one before, but I truly just love it. I cannot wait for it to get here. I'm pretty much over all of this snow.

Music.
Not just any music, but music that speaks to my soul. Like Amos Lee, Joshua Radin, Jack Johnson, Ron Pope, Donavon Frankenreiter, you know...those guys. That's on top of the classics like Mr. Marley.


Creativity.
Sometimes I try and figure out why my life is all out of balance and then it hits me, I've let my creativity fall to the wayside. When I'm not creating something, I'm not alive. It's that simple. Sometimes my creations don't turn out like I picture them, but that's fine. It's all part of the process.

Pura Vida.
Pure life. Not something I should just stop and think about sometimes, but the way that I should be living my life all of the time. I get one shot at this, I need to make it count. I can't just live sometimes, I have to be pure life.

Sporadic? Yeah, but that's what I've been working with the last couple of days.
Aroha everybody, I love you all and value you in my life.


1 comment:

  1. You definitely have a way with words! I am so grateful to have you as my closest and dearest friend! You are always there for me and I love you for it! Thanks for being you!!!!

    ReplyDelete