Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Universe Sure Is Hilarious...

...sometimes hilariously so. I got a good laugh out of rereading the last post on here from a year ago. All I wanted in that post was to feel something-the universe sure knows how to deliver. The last year has been one of the most emotion filled of my life.


My whole "thing" in that post from a year ago was the concern about how I was in a rut, and how I was going to break out of it, and where I was going, and how I wanted to feel something. The universe decided to step right on in and show me that there are bigger things than just me on my own. I wanted emotion, and feeling in my life, and I wanted it to be real and intense-turns out that you only get the real shit when you care for someone else more than yourself. 


Turns out that when you throw someone in the mix that you think is really cute, and kinda funny, your world sort of starts to turn a little bit differently. 

You've never liked the idea of "forever" with someone before, but now "for a long time" doesn't seem so scary. You've never liked being labeled, but now "girlfriend" has a nice ring to it. You've never liked being left out of the latest get together on the town, but now sweats and a movie is the highlight of your week. You've never even thought to look on Pinterest at the Weddings, Kids or Recipes boards, but now they're your most visited.

Then, once you're hooked, something happens and it's going to make or break this thing with this really cute person. The rose colored glasses come off and all of a sudden, all of their demons and really dark places are right there, staring you down. How much are you willing to gamble at that moment? How much are you willing to put on the line? How much faith do you have in them?

I just want to publicly tell the universe that when I asked to feel something last year I meant that I wanted to have a little crush on someone, or find some new cause to get involved in. 

Universe, you sure dropped the ball on this one...

There might be something to it....




No comments:

Post a Comment